Came back from Halong Bay and woke up with a cough. It’s two months into traveling and I’m only now getting sick for the first time. I’m in Hanoi again, and this is optimal timing because:
- I have tons of time in Hanoi. It just means Sapa’s definitely getting cut.
- My two travel buddies just left me, so I’m alone again and can stay in and rest without feeling guilty.
- I’m staying in the plushiest, quietest, most comfortable hostel ever.
- Vietnam is one of the more developed countries, heh, so if I need to go to a hospital or doctor, no worries.
- This is one of the few places in the world where I’ll willingly and gladly eat soup for a meal.
- I need lots of internet days because Myanmar is STUPIDLY DIFFICULT AND FRUSTRATING TO PLAN.